|| All Hostel Managers actively engage in achieving the mission of HI-USA, "to help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people, through hostelling." Each Manager is responsible for all facets of their hostels' day-to-day operations as well as general oversight of the hostel operations in accordance with the purpose and goals of HI- USA and the policies of the Eastern New England Council.
Oversee all aspects of hostel operation at 40-50 bed location, including daily operation. Provide high quality guest service, ensuring a safe, clean, and welcome atmosphere. Promote hostelling and environmentally sound practices. Train, supervise and evaluate all volunteer and paid staff, and contract labor. Manage all fiscal aspects of operations. Supervise the maintenance and upkeep of hostel building, equipment, grounds, furnishings, and fixtures. Ensure compliance with all HI standards. Represent the hostel to local officials, neighbors, media and the general public. Local marketing, such as distribution of brochures. Maintain, and seek out new, local discounts with local retailers, restaurants and recreational activities. Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor. Maintain educational programs. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
|Req. candidate profile :
- High School degree and/or equivalent work experience in a hostel, is required. College coursework in business management or hospitality management preferred.
- Facilities and/or personnel management experience.
- Ability to work effectively without immediate supervision.
- Customer service experience and enjoy working with the public.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule: must work evenings, early mornings, holidays and weekends.
- Computer skills (Windows OS, Microsoft Office and QuickBooks)
- Hostelling experience and support of the mission and goals of HI-USA.
- Experience handling cash and recording sales transactions.
- Property management system experience particularly if with ASSD.
- International and/or domestic travel experience.
- Additional experience in one or more of the following areas: cleaning, building, maintenance, bookkeeping, reservations, and/or supplies purchasing.
- Live-in work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a second language.
|How to apply :
Register to view
|Third party mediation allowed :