|| Our Client is a rapidly growing Disability, Life and Absence Management consulting organization, with talent and expertise in other areas of health and welfare benefits as well. They are a dynamic, privately held company, with a national scope in terms of client development and business presence.
This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating absence management strategies, particularly in the areas of Family and Medical Leave Act, non-occupational disability, and statutory leave management programs for new and existing clients.
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be located in Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH.
- Develop, implement and evaluate/adjust absence management strategies, particularly in the areas of non-occupational disability, statutory leave management programs, return to work programs, ADA, benefit integration and sick leave and/or PTO arrangements.
- Understand, evaluate, coordinate, and optimize external resources available from carriers, employer health departments, and other applicable vendors to effectively assist clients.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive review of leave policies and programs, including work flow and business processes required to support these procedures. Implement changes best on industry best practices.
- Conduct detailed analysis of disability incidence and duration and develop specific initiatives to positively impact these metrics via the utilization of best practices.
- Develop and implement strategies that integrate healthcare and disability programs, and mitigate the impact of disabilities/absences on health benefit programs (insured or self-funded).
- Help to implement a strategic client value proposition in the area of absence, disability, and integrated health management.
- Stay abreast of overall industry trends and best practices as it pertains to absence and disability management policies, procedures, and administrative processes.
|Req. candidate profile :
- 5+ years professional work experience in one or more of the disciplines most related to absence and disability management interventions such as: vocational rehabilitation, medical case management, occupational health, or safety and wellness.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degree and professional certification preferred such as, CRC, CCM, RN, CDMS.
- Independent worker and demonstrated ability to provide results on a regular and timely basis. Self motivator with little to no direct supervision.
- Understanding of the principles of absence & disability management and the specialty areas of integrated disability management, absence management and assistive technology.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing, listening, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to deliver pragmatic analysis of current employer practices.
- The ability to identify and interpret disability and lost time patterns and trends. Strong math and technical abilities required.
- Ability to create professional and credible reports and documents.
- Ability to utilize and apply basic computer applications such as spreadsheets, power point, and data bases.
- Some travel required – approximately five days per month.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and prioritize effectively.
|How to apply :
Register to view
|Third party mediation allowed :