|| Director of Engineering
Our client is a $250M+ manufacturer of diversified products for various industries including industrial, aerospace, oil & gas, construction, etc.
We currently have an opening for a Director of Engineering in Boise, ID who will Directs the product development life cycle activities for all a specific Equipment product lines; leads corporate wide collaborative engineering efforts in coordination with management, production, supply chain, key OEM and distribution partners, quality, logistics and other staff. They will determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products and the manufacturability of products. This Dir of Eng will direct and manage multiple concurrent engineering projects while ensuring their success in meeting their respective objectives
EDUCATION / LEARNING EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in IE, ME or EE
Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering highly desirable
-5 to 7 years engineering experience with engine driven products - ?powered by gasoline-diesel- & gas (LP & Natural) power plants.
7+ years of which were at a management level.
-Experience with other power sources such as electric and solar, as well as experience with Drive-train systems ranging from mechanical to hydraulic and electric over hydraulic and electronic controlled engine and drive-systems are highly desirable.
Experience with SAP highly desirable.
Keen understanding of equipment manufacturing, mechanical assembly design and materials/production processes.
Proven track record of employing expedient product development techniques to optimize project implementation within timelines and budget.
Demonstrated experience in optimizing engineering culture and processes and where needed turning around areas of dysfunction.
Strong, demonstrated desire to foster and manage personal and team creativity aspects of staff.
Experience working with and managing contract manufacturers and contract engineering suppliers, some of which may be offshore.
Successful track record of new product introductions as well as sustaining engineering projects.
Ability to execute and deliver within tight time constraints.
Ability to handle and balance multiple priorities.
Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
Strong team player with the ability to collaborate cross functionally with Product Management, Manufacturing, Technical Support, Supply Chain, Production, etc., as well as with external entities.
Intimate knowledge of applicable state of the art engineering technologies.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROJECTS:
· Provides leadership and direction for the development and execution of engineering plans and establish realistic timetables and milestones to complete product developments with a high degree of reliability and supportability; assess staffing levels, evaluate associated program costs, budget constraints and timetables and implement effective solutions; reallocates internal resources (human and capital) to meet program output requirements.
· Directs corporate-wide efforts to integrate the engineering team protocols, policies and procedures with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Product Management, Technical Publications, Sales, Service and other departments.
· Oversees the building of technical capabilities, skills and knowledge of the engineering function to be recognized and valued as a source of competitive advantage by customers and other functional areas within the organization.
· Manages the engineering operating and capital budget; oversees the development of the annual budget/forecast; directs the development and defense of financial justifications for new product development programs; regularly reports to Sr. Management regarding budget variances.
· In close association with various Manufacturing staff, directs engineering cost reduction, output yield, lead and cycle time reduction efforts for current and proposed products
· Provides guidance and assistance to Quality Assurance staff utilizing internationally recognized standards and procedures.
· Develops, fosters and manages relationships with external service providers and vendors; develops creative strategies to employ outsourced resources effectively deployed to assist with engineering business solutions
· Analyzes technology trends and market demands and their impact on current and proposed projects and plans accordingly
· Supervises, coordinates and reviews the work of a local and remote staff of focused engineers and support staff; serves. Services as coach and mentor to his/her team.
· Supervises and manages the work of the engineering product compliance staff. Responsible for regulatory filing and record keeping and other paperwork that may be required by regulatory bodies on a global basis. Create and oversee procedures and guidelines to ensure that products designed and produced are free of electrical, mechanical, thermal, radioactive or other hazards.
· Performs other work as assigned by the Vice President, Product Management, Engineering and Customer Support
Must be practical, pragmatic, flexible and business oriented.
Possess sound strategic skills with the ability to make sense of complex issues and data
Have a natural leadership ability with the ability to influence teams and persuade others to action to drive results
Capacity to understand the end user’s needs and drive holistic plans to meet those
Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems by thinking outside the box
Aptitude for navigating ambiguity and a self-starter that doesn’t rely on micromanagement
Direct Reports: 7 including Engineering Managers, Product Development Research, Sustaining Engineers
Highly visible position where you will take over the full strategic responsibility for a product line
Our client is a provides autonomy and you will act as a change agent
They reward and appreciate an entrepreneurial drive for results
Excellent upward career potential for an ambitious top performer
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
$120k - $150k base salary & bonus
Comprehensive Benefits package including an excellent 2-step 401k plan, Wellness Plans, & other Corporate Perks